Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hanabi (Fireworks)

Aya and I went to see the fireworks along the Tama River the middle of August. It is about a 10 minute bike ride from our house.

Suprise photo


Not fireworks, just a few buildings and me shaking the camera during a long exposure

Fireworks!!! Was anxiously awaiting but had no idea where they would be



















They take their fireworks pretty seriously over here. Those photos might represent 1/50 of the total display, and this was a "small local" display. I watched the "big" one on TV, because based on everyday life I am not sure I want to be part of a Japanese "crowd."


Area across the river that has recently begun to be developed
Looking down the levee back towards our house. I think the light is central Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment