Sunday, December 19, 2010

Adachi Museum in Matsue

The day before Soko's wedding Aya and I went to the Adachi Museum in Matsue. This is one of the "top rated Japanse Gardens in Japan", according to an American Magazine on Japanese Gardens. I find that kind of like a Japanese magazine ranking suburban neighborhood develoments in the US.Great example of 'Shakkei', or 'borrowed landscape' in Japanese garden design
Stone Bridge connecting 'islands in the sea'


Stone pathway of islands

I have to believe that the leaves did not fall in quite the perfect order that they appear to in this garden. But it does make a nice effect.


I like the pattern of islands and the line of roof tiles

Maple and moss

Spring detail

It just seems too perfect to me.



View of the garden from inside the museum (thus the blue tint)

Post Card - this tree was placed just outside of the window to frame the view of the garden. They have a huge picture exactly like this beside the window just in case dense people like myself don't understand at first glance.


We could not have timed it better in terms of fall color.

The koi pond

Someone really likes stone bridges

and stone paths

Kare San Sui or dry garden detail

I found the pattern of this bamboo fence interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment