Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kiyosato - March 2012

We went to Kiyosato to enjoy a little winter weather, or be cold in the snowy mountain weather depending on who you asked

 Aya, Miyakoda-san, and I enjoyed a walk through the neighborhood

 I think you have to lie down to make a snow angle...


 The next morning we had some friends waiting for us in the backyard.  We have never seen deer this close to the house, and it was even more amazing to see 3 bucks together the smallest of which was an 8 pointer.


Everyone poses in their ski attire, or in Yoshiko-san and my case our lodge attire



Miyakoda-san prepares for his first run 

And there he goes by 

Aya and Kinoto head off to the snowboard technical course 

There goes the ski patrol...no wait it's Kinoto 

Followed by Aya

Who knew Japan was the home of the Skid training institute?


View up slope and of the mountains in the background.  A great view to enjoy my book and a few beers, since I decided I didn't want to ski in my jeans, with plastic bags over my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment