Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pigeon Hole

Kind of like cornhole, only our bags are filled with bird food because corn feed is hard to find and expensive...

...and we put the hole on the lower slope of the board, so you have to land at the top and make your bag slide backwards.  Gravity works a bit differently on the other side of the world.

Miyamoto-san (Miyakoda-san's friend who does all of the woodworking for most of our projects) made these boards, and they are the nicest boards I have ever seen.  The wood he used is actually a purple colored heart wood known as 'purple heart' finished with a clear coat, no paint or stain.  (But they are heavy - not a problem since there is no tailgating in Japan)

Miyamoto-san and I make a few tweaks to get the holes on the right side of the board...I guess I need to work on my detail drawing.

that's looking a bit more like it

Let the games begin!!!


 Miyakoda-san liked the idea of having a pine tree as an obstacle in the middle of the field (in case you have not picked up by now, he prefers not to do much of anything the conventional way)

 Kinoto & Yuri handmade the bags and they are awesome


Now that it is dark it is time to move to the lit field of the outdoor stadium (back deck)

 A great place to play late into the night

 I think Yoshiko-san likes this game

So does Yuri 


'This is an american game, I am an American, and I will puff my chest out after a good shot if I want to.'  (I hate sharing this picture as I know I will never hear the end of it)

Foot fault.  Not really, but I will do anything to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment