Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Office

So this is the office. Pretty much like any other
office...but as if working wasn't bad enough everything is in some other language! When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING! TIme sheets, computer programs, scheduling meetings, even saving a word document is an adventure. Its is amazing how different everything in a drop down menu looks when they consist of this あいうかっこききぶぷたん. Not sure if I am saving a file or erasing the servers, but what they heck just hit what I think means yes and keep going. If it really messes something up we can always blame the intern...
which I think is me. At least that is the only
wordI recognize when everyone is pointing at me and laughing. The walk to work is nice,
about 15 minutes along the Meguro River. Everyday the office does lunch together from the 7-11. This will soon be a topic all of its own. Amazing what you can get from a convenience store in Japan. The final picture is of my desk. Not much, but it is all mine (right now I am happy to claim anything as mine since I am still leaching off of Aya's parents, sleeping in a crib, and living out of suitcases). They told me not to get my work area too messy until they are sure this is working out. No one
wants to clean up after the gaijin (foreigner)
if they decide to have me deported for not properly serving the tea with lunch. Hopefully, I have been doing enough right to offset the mistakes. Everyone has been extremely helpful, and as best as I can tell I am actually able to help them at times. Maybe they are just to nice to tell me the truth, but either way things are going well so far.
































2 comments:

  1. hey gayjin. allow myself to add the first of many comments on your blog. i recognize that walk to your work as well as your office. nice photo as you captured all the bottles in the background. make sure aya's dad knows that next time i will bring the booze for the office party. have fun man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey gay-

    if they ask you to volunteer for something followed by somehting that sounds like kamakazi, just say ii-e

    ReplyDelete