Sunday, October 31, 2010

Osaki & Marunouchi

A few weeks ago Aya and I met her parents in Osaki for a flea market being held in Gate City. Then we went to the Idemitsu Museum in Marunouchi to see an exhibit of paintinsg & writings by Sengai (Japanese Zen Monk 260 years ago).
Traditional Japanese Tea ceremony demonstration.

They asked me to participate, but there is no way I can sit on my knees as long as it takes to make the tea. I likely would have managed to kick down the walls of the temporary tea house trying to get on the floor. Plus I am bigger than all 4 of those women put together.

A very precise and methodical procedure to prepare the tea

I have to believe that part of the ceremony is the waiting which only makes you desire and in turn enjoy the tea that much more once it is served


Have I mentioned that there are a lot of people in Tokyo?

Interesting shop

Vending machine bar. That's right all of these vending machines serve alcohol , and there is a little bar where you can hang out. Go figure a foreigner has set up camp here. My camp is on the other side. We rule this bar.

When in doubt look for the 180 yen beer sign.
GO-ZILLA!!!!!
Not sure if this it to commemorate somthing or just to keep the Japanese out of this plaza.

Never trust pictures. He is not as big as I tried to make him look.

Embossed hands of famous people, ala the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. The Japanese love Sly Stallone.

Miyakoda-san demonstrating that Tom Cruise is about the same size as an average 69 year old Japanese man.

Seriously, he has lady hands. Just look back at Stallone's.

Nishida Toshiyuki, a Japanese actor. I just liked the drawing.

Interesting fountain and plaza

Tokyo Kokusai Forum near Yurakucho station.

Who is that taking my picture?



No comments:

Post a Comment