Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome Home Kinoto!

Kinoto returned home last friday. Saturday, Yuri hosted a welcome home party at their house inviting Aya & myself, the Miyakoda's, and her sister Mitsuko.
Yuri putting the finishing touches on one of her dishes.

Time to start pouring the beers.

Yuri makes the prettiest food, and it tastes better than it looks if you can believe that.

KANPA-I !!!!

Kanp-i #2

I am pretty sure this is when everyone was plotting with Mitsuko to hurt me. Mitsuko is trained in Kenpo and was explaining that she is able to use someone else's size to disable them. Of course all this is going on in Japanese so I am just sitting there smiling and understanding about every 15th word (important things like "above" or "yesterday", or "10" - but absolutely nowhere near understanding what is going on). Finally Mitsuko stands up and walks over to me and motions for me to get up. Then she asks for my arm. Apparently everyone in the room but me knows what is about to happen. I stick out my arm and...
in a matter of 0.5 seconds she has grabbed my wrist, twisted it backwards and put enough pressure on it that I fall to my knees about to cry and begging her to let go. I do not suggest being the only foreigner at a welcome home party. At least after that she demonstrated some techniques on other people. Much more fun to watch I have to say.

I must have been in the bathroom crying when this picture was taken. All in all a very good night, and we are all happy to have Kinoto home.

No comments:

Post a Comment